H2S is a naturally occurring deadly gas that can be found in a verity of worksites. Because of the risks of H2S exposure to workers in the petroleum industry most workers must successfully complete a H2S course before working in the field. The H2S Alive course has been adopted as the industry standard in Canada and is the only course most sites will recognize.
This course covers the following topics:
- H2S properties, Health Hazards and Locations – Including worker exposure limits
- Hazard Assessment and Control – Including H2S case studies
- Respiratory Protective Equipment – Including Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus
- Detection of H2S – Gas detection demonstrations with various detection devices
- Initial Response Strategy – 7 steps; including 4 rescue techniques and case studies.