Below is a list of frequently asked questions to help you with your decision making process. If your question is not answered below, please contact us.

Do I have to have a ticket?

The government does not require you to have a ticket in most cases, but they do require you to prove competency. For most people the easiest way to prove competency is to produce proof of training. As well, your employer may have specific requirements that you need to adhere to.

Why do different courses have different expiry dates?

Most courses were developed because they were needed. People were getting hurt and no one knew what to do to help them. Course expiry dates are set, by either the creator of the course, or the association that requests or sponsors the course. Most expiry dates are based on hazard and risk assessments like everything else in the business. One complaint that we constantly hear is the number of times people have taken H2S. While we understand the frustration, people are still dying from H2S and they are not just new workers to the field. Consequently, H2S is still viewed as a high risk and training is frequent. Please understand that we are did not set the expiry date for H2S, but as franchise instructors for Enform we abide by their terms.

Why do courses have different names?

The creator of a course also gives it a name. For example a lot of courses use Level One and Level Two or Entry Level and Advanced. These names insinuate that you don’t get all the information you need in Level One or Entry Level, so you need to consider Level Two training. This is usually misleading. You can almost always find a course that provides you with the information you need as mandated by the appropriate legislated standards. You nay need to upgrade or refresh your training if you are on a specialized team or in an unusually dangerous situation, but it would be an unusual circumstance.

Check the course content. Ask questions before you register. Does this course meet the appropriate legislative standards? If so, one course should be enough for you. If not, try another vendor.

I am a slow reader or I can’t read at all; can I still complete my courses?

Illiteracy is more common than you would think in our line of work. Please take a moment prior to the start of class to talk to the instructor, or let us know when you are registered for class and we will insure that the instructor is ready for you. Let the instructor know and he/she will do everything they can to assist you. Our instructors use many visual aids and techniques to teach our courses.

I am afraid of heights; can I still do my required courses?

Many people suffer from a fear of heights. It is not at all unusual in our business. Please inform our instructors at the beginning of class and they will gladly speak to you about it and any other issues that you may have.

How do I get a replacement certificate?

  • Please call Arresting You Ltd.
  • If it is an Arresting You course and your company paid for it – then we need to get permission to release a new certificate to you. As well, we require a fee for a new certificate.
  • If it is an Arresting You course and you paid for it yourself then we need to receive the set fee before we can send you a new certificate.

What if I haven't received my certificate?

Certificates are mailed to whoever pays for them.

  • If your company paid for the courses then the certificate was mailed to them.
  • If you paid for it yourself then the certificate was mailed to the address you gave us on the receipt when we took payment.
  • If we did not receive payment, then we are holding the certificates until such time as they are paid.

What time do the courses start?

All Arresting You Ltd. courses start at 8:00am sharp.

Do we get a lunch break or do I have to bring a lunch?

Students are given a 1-hour lunch break between 12:00 and 1:00pm. Students can eat their own lunch in the kitchen area in our building, or go to one of many restaurants close to our facility.

Do I need to bring anything?

  • H2S Alive, WHMIS, TDG students are not required to bring anything.
  • Fall Rescue, Fall Protection (2 or 3 days), Confined Space and Loader Training students are required to bring and wear basic PPE (Steel Toed Boots, Coveralls and other apparel (appropriate for weather conditions), Hard Hat, Gloves and Safety Glasses.
  • Well Service or Coiled Tubing BOP students are required to bring a calculator.
  • Detection and Control of Flammable Substances we recommend that students bring the monitor they have available to them at the worksite. This allows the student to learn and practice with the instrument specific to their worksite.

If you are not sure please feel free to call us at (403) 340-3373 or toll free at 1 (877) 909-9099

I forgot my PPE or it is still at the rig?

  • Due to the nature of our courses we require that PPE be worn. Therefore, Arresting You Ltd. has all PPE available for a rental fee.
  • The Fall Protection courses require you to climb to heights ranging from 20 ft and 30 ft.
  • The Fall Rescue courses require that you climb to a height of approximately 30 ft to satisfactorily complete the practical skills portion. The escape buggy ride, however, is optional.

I am claustrophobic; can I still do my Confined Space and H2S Alive training?

Many people suffer from a fear of enclosed spaces. It is not at all unusual in our business. Please inform our instructors at the beginning of class and they will gladly speak to you about it and any other issues that you may have.

  • Confined space training is preformed on a 6ft tall x 20ft long x 9ft wide, two compartment clean mud tank outside. Some of the exercises have the option of wearing an SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus).
  • For H2S Alive training however, you are required to be able to put on and wear either an SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus) or SABA (Supplied Air Breathing Apparatus).

Will you come to our site for training?

Several of our courses can be conducted on your site. Please contact us or call (877) 909-9099 to inquire or make arrangements.